Saturday, January 5, 2013

About LFM Comm


LFM Communications is the professional portal for writer, editor and media enthusiast, Lucas Mariano. That's me. I'm available for writing and editing opportunities both permanent and freelance. You can reach me for more information here.

I earned my B.A. in Journalism from The Pennsylvania State University as a distinguished graduate in 2009, and quickly began working for high profile clients as an Editor at AccuWeather.com. With more than 500 newspapers receiving daily weather pages from AccuWeather, I learned early on how to quickly and efficiently proof copy and graphics for grammar, style and accuracy based upon internal and external guidelines. Some of the publications for which I have edited include:

  • The New York Times
  • The Washington Post
  • The Pittsburgh Post Gazette
  • The Wall Street Journal
  • The Boston Globe
  • The Orlando Sentinel
  • The Dallas Morning News
  • The Chicago Sun Times
  • The Toronto Star
  • The London Daily Telegraph
  • The Irish Times
  • The Japan Times
  • The Cleveland Plain Dealer
  • The Minneapolis Star Tribune

Throughout much of 2011, I contributed a number of articles to OMG! Magazine that ranged from business profiles to film reviews. During this time I also served as the publication's Associate Editor and Copy Editor. I continue to copy edit both on a freelance and permanent basis. In early 2013 I joined UNITE Magazine as the bi-monthly's Copy Editor.

Currently, I manage the music blog www.anastysurprise.com and do freelance copy editing. Please contact me if you would like to contribute to my blog or have a need for a freelance writer or copy editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment